[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - Area Camp

Area Camp

Cancellations, riding club events, memos and news of interest concerning the FRC ONLY!

Moderator: Committee Member

Area Camp

Postby gilliankettles » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Please see ammended article on News page , application forms is attached to article . :roll:
gilliankettles

Postby jillian » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Is anyone planning on going this year?Can anyone recommend the camp? J
jillian

Area Camp

Postby gilliankettles » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:56 pm

i have been to area camp the last two year it is great fun , you get two lessons per day either flatwork , showjumping or cross country, and one lesson on the Friday . The have a variety of instructors which is good . .This year there is a disco on both nights and there is usually a demo on the Saturday night , last year it was carriage driving . You get to meet lots of really nice horsie people and talk horses all weekend . :lol:
I would thouroughly recommend going it is really good value for money .
I am not sure who is sending in applications from Fife , the numbers are limited and it is usually oversubscribed .
Hope this helps
Gillian
gilliankettles

Postby fernefairfull » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:33 pm

whats it like for spaces? dont want to pay money then wait for response then get money back if i dont get a space, because its quite dear and im a student! lol
fernefairfull

Postby Bloggso » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:42 pm

They will only cash your cheque (on 1st May) once you get a space, they pick applications by blind ballot then run a waiting list. People pull out for various reasons so you could have a good chance of getting in even if you're not initially selected & think you are quite far down the list.

I went last year & had a ball, it really set us up for the season - especially the XC lesson. The cost is really good value for money as you get 5 lessons over the weekend, the food was fab & the social aspect was very good too - think pony club camp with wine!!
Bloggso

Postby fernefairfull » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Just thinking...I'm not 18 till august so not eligible for area this year am I still too young for camp also?
fernefairfull

Postby jillian » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:55 pm

think pony club camp with wine!!

Perfect!!!

Fingers crossed for vetting tomorrow and will get my form in when get my membership- hope to see you there :wink:
jillian

Return to FRC News