[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - Introducing Me!

Introducing Me!

Chat and share all your news, both horse and non horse related subjects.

Moderator: Committee Member

Introducing Me!

Postby Heather » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:45 am

:D Hello there! :D

I just received the letter through the door to say that the committee had accepted my membership application so I thought I had better introduce myself. Or rather re-introduce myself to long standing members of the Club.

From my username you can see my name is Heather. I am owned by two grey arabians, both 18 years old.

The mare is Atreyu, 15hh, stable name 'The Dreamcatcher'. I've had her since she was 3. We have had many adventures over the years. Two of the most notable were the Scottish Endurance 2day 100mile Race Ride in 2004. She came in 4th at a gallop as she didn't want the horse behind her to pass! I was in floods of tears crossing the line. Attractive - not! LOL 17hrs 47mins riding time over two days in Kelso. The view from the top of Wide Open Hill was amazing! Shore to shore. Sound & happy pony before during & after the Ride.

The second was having a fight with a cattle grid in 2009. Something spooked her and she took off 4 strides away from it. She tried to jump, 3 legs made it over, but one didn't. She landed in it, tore herself out & tried to canter on on 3 legs. I have no idea what freaked her out so much. Tore a part out of her hind cannon bone, and two areas of damage on the fetlock joint, skin hanging below hoof, blood everywhere, in the middle of nowhere with no phone reception. Thankfully other endurance riders came to my rescue, and between them, the Vet at the venue and my crew my horse was on an operation table in Duns in 85 minutes. A long year and a half later it's all past history and we're ready to start playing again.

My gelding is Zante, 14.3hh on his papers but thats pure fiction IMO. He's more 14.1hh on a good day! LOL His show name is 'Danzante Fuego', which is spanish for Dancing Fire as he's a Spanish arabian. The same breed that Napoleon always rode into battle. They are a small, compact but solid breed type with a very gentle nature. More of a workmanlike arabian than the show types which tend to be all legs and necks IMO :D

I bought Zante when he was 12 as Atreyu had tied up horrifically in Ireland in 2005 and for 6 months we weren't sure if she was going to make it or not. He was supposed to be my sticky plaster pony- short term while she mended or left. :( She mended :D But by then I had fallen in love & Zante stayed. He got his Endurance Gold Thistle Final for doing a 50 mile Race Ride at Forrest of Deer the week before Atreyu's accident.

Atreyu & I have also played at Express Eventing, and the odd dodgy play at Craigie :D

So that's us. I hope you weren't too bored reading that, and 'hello' to all the people I know from previous years, it will be lovely to see you all again. To the very many new members I've never met I'm the one on the usually dirtyish grey arab in red. Please come and say hello. :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby trigger » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Not THE Heather - the lady in red?
trigger

Postby Heather » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:05 am

:D Hey John, how you doing? :D Very long time no see 8)

Yes, it's that Heather- back to hopefully have some fun :D

I almost didn't try to rejoin but then I spoke to two very nice members who were just lovely. The girls convinced me that it was still the friendly very welcoming club it used to be back in the dawn of time :D

I was out ride & lead the ponies on Sunday morning so I rode past the Club field to reaquaint ourselves with it. There were two big bay horses schooling in separate arenas. It looked very serious so I just rode on, didn't disturb them as both horses looked very focussed, giving some lovely work :D

So hey ho, let the fun begin! LOL Looking forward to catching up with you Mr Embrey, there must be a new horse to drool over? :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby JanN » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Nice to hear you're back, Heather.
JanN

Postby trigger » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi Heather

It seems as if it is not you getting into scrapes its the horses!

I am old and decrepid just like Monty (21) so not doing very much. I needed to get another youngster if I was to continue competing and decided I was getting to the stage which if I fell off (bound to happen with a youngster) I was likely to start breaking something! So I am now in the decade of the dogs!

I hadn't realised you weren't still a member!

Good luck with the horses, do you still have the dog?
trigger

Postby Heather » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:19 am

Hi guys, I did reply but the system timed me out. It was a long reply :) Going to retype it in word then paste it up so please stay tuned :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby jenny » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Well Heather it is good to hear you are well and still having fun - will come and visit when I am up in May.
you will be pleased to hear my baby multicoloured 1/2 arab is coming along well - opinionated, spooky of very boring things but ok with diggers etc and turning into a teenager at almost 3!!
Jenny
jenny

Lovely to see you x

Postby Fiona Clark » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi Heather, Lovely to see you today and well done getting 3rd :D I've not done riding club either on horseback anyway for some time. I think we were welcomed back with open arms though.
:D Might see you soon x
Fiona Clark

Return to Chit Chat