[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - A Random thought...

A Random thought...

Chat and share all your news, both horse and non horse related subjects.

Moderator: Committee Member

A Random thought...

Postby Heather » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 pm

I was just thinking – yes it was painful – we’re holding the Area Qualifiers in the really not too distant future. Tik tok tik tok :) And, well, the Club field looks like it needs a makeover to put it politely. LOL :D :D This is NOT a criticism of the constant work that the Committee or Paul does - I fully realise it’s a tough ongoing job. :D

This is just a observation not meant to cause any offence whatsoever, so please don’t take any. It is definitely tidy enough for us to play in :D

However….. I was thinking that really the field needs to put on its big girl spangly pants for the Area Competition doesn’t it? 8) :wink: 8)

Well I’m here to say I’d like to offer my services as manual labour to the Club Committee in the run up to the event. Just rattle my cage and when I’m not at work I’ll lend a hand and do whatever I can. I don’t mind getting dirty or shouted at. :shock: :D

I just want to be really proud of our Club Field facilities when the competition arrives! :D Before we *hopefully* kick their butts! :wink: :D :D :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby jake » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 am

Hi Heather, many thanks, that would be brilliant to have an enthusiastic 'tidier' to help with a clear up.

When we have had field tidy-up days in the past, it is the same few faces who show up to sacrifice some of their spare time for the good of the rest of the club.

A date will be arranged and advertised. It would be fantastic to have lots of members there to help show our facilities at their best to the rest of the riding clubs in Area 22!
jake

Postby Heather » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:04 am

That's a shame - the 'few faces' comment as I can remember when the work days turned out to be fun as there were so many people there. Many hands making light work I guess :D

Who's got the 'Need to Do' list for the field? :)

What I'm thinking is this - sometimes a specific arranged date doesn't suit everybody but these people would still like to help but just can not due to their own commitments. Maybe they have a free afternoon through the week -whatever - if there was a way of accessing a Need to Do list, chosing a task, putting your name & a date that suits you against it. 'Claiming it' as it were :) And actually doing it of course :wink: :D

This way the Committee would know who's doing what & when, more members get to help :D , more random tasks get done, and the field gets more spangles on her Big Girl Pants! :D

What do you think? Would it work? Theoretically I don't see why it shouldn't. It's just I'm concerned as I don't think one work day with a 'few faces' will be enough to give the field haute couture spangly pants :? :D More of a few sequins on a nice pair from Duns :oops: :lol: :lol:
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby jake » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Ha Ha! Duns! I like it! There is a committee meeting on Monday so we could discuss it then and I think your idea sounds really good. Will keep you posted..... :D
jake

Field Tidy

Postby pbalnaves » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Great idea - I suffer from the same thing. Normally the pre arranged nights I can't make due to work or home committments. If there was a list I would definately be able to help out. I'm sure I could persuade Airdits crew to put their names down too. :)
pbalnaves

Lists!

Postby jules@airdits » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 pm

I agree, I have work commitments, horse commitments and a non horsey boyfriend commitment! I'd like to help out so having plenty of warning and a list is a great idea :lol:
jules@airdits

Postby Heather » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:02 am

C'mon Jake, the meeting was last night :) :D I'm really curious to see what the Powers That Be decided... 8) :D My two handed blade possessing kickass strimmer thing is lying in wait...... :lol: :wink: :D :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby Heather » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Bored now!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby Heather » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:39 pm

bet you thought I'd forgotten this :) But no, I made 'gentle enquires' about it on Tuesday night when I helped set up the dressage arenas. And this is not 'official' btw- this is just a random casual update :D

On Monday the Committee arranged another meeting for this coming Monday (20.6) to discuss the event one of which is this idea :D tada! :lol: And there is going to be a skip appearing in the field :D

However as I'm paranoid about the time passing by - that's another week almost gone :? - I'm passing on what was suggested.

The very top dressage arena that we currently ignore, the one by the stream crossing & the gate at the top of the field, is going to be used in some way and the Committee would like the stones picked off it. :) Now I have to be honest here- I was more thinking of

painting the front gate/
staining the arena fences/
strimming awkward places that Paul couldn't get to/
painting jumps/
rearranging all the unused jumps into easily accessible stored groups/
emptying the containers, tidying them out & up & restoring it all/
making the covered bit tidy & perhaps a weather proof noticeboard/
spraying the weeds around the main arenas/

So to say I was a tad disappointed with "go and pick up some stones" is an understatement!! :shock: LMAO :lol: :lol: :wink: :lol: But hey, I'll do a bucket load or 2 if that's all they want :cry: :wink: :D I did say I can take orders :wink:

But that got me thinking (gotta stop doing that :wink: ) I wondered if any members with little people would mind employing/suggesting some child labour on a Wed night while they're busy with their horses? :D Whats that I hear? The sound of a lead balloon going down! LOL :lol: Oh well it was worth a try! :D Please don't anyone be offended by that comment- it was said lightheartedly as some kids might like the thought of helping with the big event. Who knows! 8) :wink: It's well said I don't own any little people :wink: 8) :D LOL

So that's as much as I know- Just please keep an eye on here & the enthusiasm up! :D

Stone throwing competition anyone? :wink: :lol:
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby Heather » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:36 pm

So I take it no List and we have to call Trisha? That's just scary! :twisted: :shock: I promise I'm only kidding Trisha! LMAO :wink: :lol: :D

Well guys, I tried. Ok I failed miserably by the looks of things :cry: but I did try. :) :wink: I'm off to help course build tonight- need to find my waterproofs. Red of course :wink: Then I'll call Trisha- what's the betting I'm on poo picking duties for being brazen enough to suggest a List in the first place? :D naughty underling :wink: :lol: You can't blame fruitloop for trying! :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Return to Chit Chat