[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - Will I ever shut up? Club Field

Will I ever shut up? Club Field

Chat and share all your news, both horse and non horse related subjects.

Moderator: Committee Member

Will I ever shut up? Club Field

Postby Heather » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm

I started a ‘colourful’ chat on FaceBook that I think I want to update/ summarise on here as not everyone wants to use FB but does use a computer.

Basically I’d put a comment on the Club FB site having a bit of a moan that I visited the field and found quite a few of the poles randomly left on the ground in the main arena, jumps knocked down, and I was mumping that pride in our Club hadn’t even managed to last a week. :cry:

I went back on FB 2 hours later to delete my comment as I had put it on FB in a knee jerk reaction to the massive disappointment I’d felt seeing it already looking so unloved in such a short time after the weekend.

I found 23 comments about it :shock: … deleting was no longer an option :( so, as it was my ‘baby’, in I waded to the ‘free and frank exchange of views’ that was going on. :wink:

It was a rather interesting discussion, it had wandered from my initial comment so I hauled it back to my initial point again (you do realise I have a big mouth right? :P And no memory which is why I HAVE to say what’s in my head as I can’t remember if I tell fibs! :lol: )

To summarise everything I picked up from the lengthy but mainly constructive comments- and this is only *my* view of what’s been said / wanted, absolutely nothing to do with anyone else, members or committee. Just me.

Now bear in mind as you read this that I do both dressage and showjumping – equally badly (but I am working on it :wink: lol)

The Jumping types are feeling a tad neglected as, as there are a lot of Dressage competitions, the Showjumps are repeatedly put away by the Dressage types to clear the space to put up the Dressage arenas. This is fair enough btw as this has to be done for the Dressage competitions. :)

BUT this then means that when the Jumping types next wish to jump they have to haul out the jumps by themselves :( which IS a lot of work for one or two people and there is certainly no urge to put up a full course! :roll: And sadly, this is often what we do need to practice over to work on the related distances, dog leg turns, combinations etc

My suggestion is this – the day after a Dressage comp, or even that evening, after the Dressage kit is put away, that a group of 6 or 7 of the Jumping orientated members meet and put up a full course again in the main arena. :D It wont take long with enough people and it’s a good time to catch up on all the gossip. :wink: :D The jumps to be tweeked & moved & played with but not put away again (until the next dressage competition.)

The one, the ONLY thing that I will keep saying again and again- IF YOU ARE NOT USING A POLE PUT IT IN THE POLE HOLDER THING AT THE SIDE OF THE ARENA! Do *NOT* leave it lying on the ground. These plastic poles have wooden insides- I know this as one of the older poles is fecked already. :cry: They aren’t heavy and it does not take long to do. Please.

I was so incredibly proud of our Club this weekend :D :D :D & then equally so disappointed looking at the poles askew on the ground 3 days later. :( :( :cry: We had already resumed our ‘I’m alright jack, I don’t give a sh*t’ mentality. I was gutted. :cry: Please remember that I’m just a random member. I pay my membership too, just like you. My subs are not to pay to have someone else clear up mess after me. My subs are for use of the facilities and the decent kit we currently have and to take an active part in the Club on Wednesdays etc. :)

All this idea takes is a little bit of co-operation, effort and perhaps a little compromising from both sides- the Dressage lot and the Jumping lot. :D :D Who now undoubtedly both hate me :wink: But hey, I'll back it up- I;ll be there to help :D :D

We are a sh*t hot Club – all I want to do is try to keep it that way, with everyone helping and everyone getting full use of the facilities. :D :D

There, said it. I’m off to put on my flack jacket & tin hat now :wink: (both red) BUT I do stand by what I’ve said and I don’t think it’s such a bad idea. :) We can’t expect the committee to do it all. Why should we? It’s our Club not theirs :D :D :D :wink:

Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby Heather » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm

I left it on FB at 32 replies. Now its up to 47 replies and it looks like a plan / decision may have been collectively reached. :D

:D :D :D :D I do love democracy! :D :D :D :D

Hoping Andrew T might pop on to update my ramblings :D I just like everyone to be kept in the loop if at all possible :D :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Return to Chit Chat