[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - Members Show 7th Aug

Members Show 7th Aug

Chat and share all your news, both horse and non horse related subjects.

Moderator: Committee Member

Members Show 7th Aug

Postby Mrsmac » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi, I am trying to find out the schedule for the Member Show on 7th Aug so that I can arrange cover for my cattery. I can't see it on the website yet. Is it yet to come out or am I just being thick!?
Mrsmac

Postby Heather » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Hey Mrs Mac :D

The schedule is up now and it's moved from the 7th to the 14th August - but I'll bet you already knew that :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby Mrsmac » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 pm

Yes thanks, not too chuffed though as is now the same weekend as Kinross Show. :( Thanks anyway!
Mrsmac

Postby Heather » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 am

Exactly the same here Mrs Mac :cry: :( I've entered a SERC ride at Tillicoultry for the 14th, now I have to decide which to do, whereas before I got to play at both :cry:

Wonder why the date was changed :( The 7th worked in really well :(

And the Catherine Eardley flatwork lessons were scheduled for the 14th so they can't be happening now either..... Hey I hope the date wasn't swapped to suit those lessons. Now that would be annoying :x A whole SJ SHOW moving to suit some flatwork lessons! :x I'm going to ask - find out why the date was changed :D :D Probably something totally different :D :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby Ros D » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:00 pm

There is a ODE at Ovenstone on 14th too which I was planning to do.

I think it was changed because the Pittenweem show is the 13th.

Decisions decisions!

Ros
Ros D

Postby Ros D » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:21 pm

Pittenweem Show is on 7th Aug. I got it in my head that it was the day before Fife's original date (6th).

Sorry for the confusion!
Ros D

Postby Mrsmac » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:20 pm

I am also wondering why the showing/working hunter classes are not part of the member's show this year. Does anyone know?
:(
Mrsmac

show on 14th August

Postby shona » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:51 pm

The date for the showjumping show was changed at the last committee meeting ( that i wasnt at )as it clashed with Perth show !!

I too had psyched myself up to have a go at the SJ on the 7th but as its now changed to the 14th i can go ( as im doing the tillicoultry endurance ride ). the flatwork lessons that were scheduled for the 14th have been changed to the 13th because of the show .

the working hunter competition is always run as part of the members showing show which always runs on a different day to the members showjumping show.. Due to difficulties in getting showing judges, the committee decided not to run the showing show this year ( although i have heard a rumour that an rc member may run a showing show in September )

hope that clears up some of the confusion :)
shona

Postby Andrew » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi, to try and clear this up committee made this decision as the original date clashed with both Scone and the Pittenweem show and thought this would have an impact on rider numbers and helpers. We're aware that it clashes with Kinross show however Kinross is a showing show not jumping.

With regards to the query re the working hunter etc, these have never been part of this show they're part of the showing show which was decided we weren't running this year (don't know why, I missed that meeting). Although we have had an offer by someone to run a showing show in September so watch this space!

Unfortunately it is difficult to get a weekend at this time of year that doesn't clash with something else however, we need to make a decision on what we feel will have the less impact on what we're doing!
Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Mrsmac » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks Andrew. I appreciate that you can't please all the people all the time. :D
Mrsmac

Postby Heather » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Absolutely Mrs Mac :D :D Thanks for the fast response too guys- all explained and all cleared up :D

Shona I'm torn now - I've entered Tillicoultry but really want to play at SJ too. To SERC or not to SERC that is the question :? LOL :wink: :D :D

Never been to Ovenstone... is it a nice place to compete? Easy to find? :) I've got it in my head that I'm doing SJ .... but so liked the last Ride... decisions, decisions! :D :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby Ros D » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:53 pm

I've only been to Ovenstone twice for showjumping and it was good (not as good as FRC though!!). The ODE is jump cross instead of proper cross country but I quite fancied giving it a go - will probably end up going to FRC though.

Easy enough to find but about an hour's drive for me - directions on their website. Good parking in a field too.

Ros
Ros D

Return to Chit Chat