[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - Instruction 27 July

Instruction 27 July

Chat and share all your news, both horse and non horse related subjects.

Moderator: Committee Member

Instruction 27 July

Postby lynneh » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on wednesday night when I had a spectacular ariel departure and painful kick / trample - not sure which it was! Sheila, Heather, Linda, nice girl on grey who got off to check me out, Mandy and others... thanks! .

I got home OK and went to ninewells for Xrays. Thankfully nothing broken, but badly bruised, stiff and sore (surprise surprise!)

Thanks again and sorry for causing chaos......can anyone recommend some good saddle glue? :?
lynneh

Postby Heather » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:25 pm

So glad to hear you're ok :D And to be fair you are using the adjective 'spectacular' perfectly in this instance :shock: :shock: :)

Tell your girl she looks stunning enough without the aerobics! :D :D

Glad you went to get Xrays. Really boring waiting isn't it? How many waiting rooms did they have you go to? I made it to 4 last time I was there :lol: better to be safe than sorry - we just don't bounce as good no more! :wink: LOL :D

I've not found the glue yet (if you DO find it get me some please! lol) but I'd heartily recommend a 'bucking strap' babe. :D

A horse I had would randomly 'go off on one', if you'll excuse the phase, with no explanation. If I reacted via the reins (ie held on) he just got worse & worse. (I'd had EVERYTHING checked) So with this strap thing in place I held on to it for grim death with one hand while he was an exploding firework, the reins held lightly in my other hand. He didn't have anything to react against and I lived to tell the tale -and bought my instructor a bottle of wine! lol

Just a thought :D Might help - likewise might not but might be worth considering :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby lynneh » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks Heather, when I get back in the saddle I might well try the buck strap - or perhaps skip to your second suggestion and buy the bottle of wine for myself though!

Won't be riding for a wee while yet though.......almost hit your 4 hours in A&E experience... got home from ninewells after 1am!

And despite getting older and greyer, I am surprised that I generally bounce quite well normally :lol:
Nothing else really hurting from the fall, but think the problem was that I rolled down the arena embankment under her feet! Everything else fine, whopee for body protectors! :D
lynneh

Return to Chit Chat