[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - low flying helicopters

low flying helicopters

Chat and share all your news, both horse and non horse related subjects.

Moderator: Committee Member

low flying helicopters

Postby Donna H » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:48 pm

BHS Scotland Low Flying Alert

October 2009

BHS Scotland and the RAF would like to alert horse riders across Scotland that Puma Helicopters based at RAF Leuchars will be carrying out low flying exercises (Day Sorties only) from October 5th to 9th.As usual exercise planners and participating aircrew will do all they can to ensure this essential training activity is conducted in a manner that causes minimum disruption to members of the public.
Horse riders are reminded to use fluorescent/reflective gear while riding so that they can be spotted and avoided by low flying aircraft.
The low flying helpline number is 0800515544
Donna H

Postby gilliankettles » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi ,
I would confirm that these helicopters are flying very low , i heard some but couln't see them as they were lower than the tree line , luckily I was just catching Bally at the time . Wear your reflective jacket!!! Maybe put one on the horse too.
PS This was in Milnathort - they flew over tonight too. :P
gilliankettles

Return to Chit Chat