[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - Cheques (& their problems)

Cheques (& their problems)

Chat and share all your news, both horse and non horse related subjects.

Moderator: Committee Member

Cheques (& their problems)

Postby Anne - David » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I read the item about the Craigie training, which evolved into a discussion on ‘cashing cheques’.

Anne & I have had similar problems with cheques not being cashed within a reasonable time. Many people run two accounts only transferring cash to the current account when required. Surely it is not too much to ask for a cheque to be cashed within the month of being issued.

So, if the organiser can’t (or isn’t allowed to) ‘bank’ the cheques themselves, it is the Treasurers duty to arrange this promptly. Previous treasurers were at Wednesday night meetings and most organised events to collect cheques and balance show/training receipts, Joe never seems to be at anything.

However, all of which doesn’t answer Mariand2004’s (whoever they are) question or respond to Ferne’s (I know who she is) comment, i.e. why does it take this length of time to bank a cheque? I don’t really think Mariand2004 was intending to have their fiscal arrangements questioned.

So perhaps a straight forward answer; why does it takes so long for Joe to deposit cheques?

This leads to the next question, cheques are to be phased out by the Banks over the next few years, so how will this effect Fife Riding Club?.

Has the committee discussed this and have they come up with a proposal to overcome this, perhaps even to have any such proposal or ideas from the membership discussed at the AGM?

Finally the committee’s actions are meant to make things easier for the membership.

David
:wink:
Anne - David

Postby mariand2004 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:27 am

Cheers David. No, I did not intend to cause any furore BUT this is clearly not just MY issue.
I did suggest BACS payments may be the way forward thus allowing the club bank account to be immediately credited and saving any one of the busy committee having to make their way to the bank (probably not once but several times a month (hmmm?), quarter or year!)
What about the club using Pay Pal? Most horse people use ebay and already have this facility set up and those who don't will likely have internet banking.

These are merely suggestions - both of which would not only serve, as you said, to make life easier for the members, but ALSO for the committee.
mariand2004

Postby trigger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:45 pm

If you have ever received moneyon PayPal you would know why it is not a great idea to use it. Entry fees would have to go up by about 5% to cover the PayPal charges!
trigger

Postby hobble » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:56 pm

yeah ok so the process 4 cheques is eh not the best , but not every1 uses ebay n has paypal plus there is a charge 2 use that & not every1 has internet banking 2 get there bank 2 send bacs payments, both of these still cause 1 problem how would the organiser know that u have paid by bacs or paypal?they then have 2 request statements wot everyday?every week?then wot would the references be on these transactions cant use names as lots of peolpe have similar names plus some statements dont show full references. apart from pre entry comps which 4 the club is only really about 3 that aint on a wed nite i have an idea.... its called cash
hobble

Return to Chit Chat