[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - PC team Jumping

PC team Jumping

Chat and share all your news, both horse and non horse related subjects.

Moderator: Committee Member

PC team Jumping

Postby Anne - David » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:16 pm

That was pretty weird judging at the team competition :shock:

So we must assume that all cheering/groaning etc. will now be banned as it could be construed as ‘outside assistance’. :shock:

It’s the first time we’ve see a competitor being eliminated for outside assistance. (and we’ve been about at all levels of competitions for close on 30years)

Anne’s intermediate team also accrued 15 faults for being over the time, however Andrew couldn’t find out which team member it was when he queried the result. Besides which the presentation was half way through.

Does it really matter???? (Answers in not less than 500 words) These things happen in all unaffiliated (& some affiliated) competitions and the judges word is final.

However it was excellent to see such a large contingent of FRC members competing.

Well done to all.

David & Anne
:wink:
Anne - David

Frc Team SJ

Postby Susan K » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:50 pm

I agree it was wierd, when someone came of they didnt stop the clock, gave 4 faults for knocking a middle pole down, did they know what they were doing ? I know you dont get faults for that. Linda Lucy was even jumping up and down lol.
Well done to all the teams, who all done well, was a good day.
One of the rent a mob lol
Susan K

Postby Ros D » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:15 am

Thanks to everybody for all the support on the day.

It was a pity that the riders who were there on their own couldn't really watch and support the other teams for fear of having their horses 'clamped'!!! Not handy not being able to leave your horse tied up unattended for a short period of time. Some horses are not happy being left in the trailer but will stand quite happily tied up outside.

Competing is expensive enough without having to pay £20 to get your horse back!

Ros
Ros D

Postby fernefairfull » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:38 am

hi does anyone know who the photographer was? i saw him when i arrived but i think he left before the open started, but not sure, i want to see the pics!

Ferne
fernefairfull

Postby Lisa A » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:15 am

Think it was Jim Crichton, photos are not up yet as i just checked xxx
Lisa A

clamping horses

Postby gem&storm » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:29 pm

i agree with ros i think it shocking that you cant leave your horse tied to the box and if you do you get fined £20.my horse wont stay in the box on her own and this has now prompt me to not go to dabbs anymore.for those of you who travel further afield do they do this at other centres???i think its just another way for them to make a quick buck.where are the notices telling you that you can get fined cause i only found out as people had told me?
on a brighter note well done to all the teams what a great day everybody jumped fantastic :D and i definatley think frc were once again the loudest club there lol.roll on the next team comp.xxx
gem&storm

Postby jenny » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:19 pm

I was visiting from Cornwall and thought I was behind the times re new judging rules so I am pleased others were a little confused.
I enjoyed catching up with my old mates from FRC
:D
jenny

Postby Helen » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:10 pm

I can see the reason for the 'no tying' rule at this venue. The car park is right on the main road and the gate is always open. It would be very easy for a loose horse to run out onto the road.
If a horse broke free, ran out onto the road and caused an accident, the first question which would be asked would be 'why was it tied up unattended?'
I admit I leave my horse tied to the trailer unattended but only at places I consider safe ie gated and away from the road.
Helen

Postby fernefairfull » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:23 am

also...out two teams 'supposedly' got 28 penalties and the other team 12 when i know for sure my team only had 8 and the other team deffinately did not get 28 so i think all placing are not correct,bit of a shame because it was good fun and also the photographer decided to leave after 6pm so none of us open teams got photos so bit of a bummer!
fernefairfull

Return to Chit Chat