[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - Winter Social

Winter Social

Chat and share all your news, both horse and non horse related subjects.

Moderator: Committee Member

Winter Social

Postby kangaroo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Following the Pub Quiz held for Area Qualifier Fundraising earlier in the year, the club are consideering holding a social event over the winter months to keep us occupied while our riding activities are a bit quieter! This could be anything from a pub quiz to a ceilidh - or anything else you fancy.
Before anything is organised, we'd like to gauge support for this idea to hopefully plan something for the coming months.
There was great fun had at the previous pub quiz and these events can be a great opportunity to get to know other club members - especially if you're one of our many new members to the club.
If you came to the pub quiz and want something similar, or just fancy spending some time with other members of the club in a (clean) social setting, please contact Amy Sanderson on 07766130424, asanderson87@yahoo.co.uk, via the forum/private message or at the AGM this month.
Hope to hear from you soon!
kangaroo

Postby Bloggso » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:43 am

I think social or non-riding activities are a great idea over the winter, I really enjoyed the pub quiz & race night earlier this year.

Have we considered running a BBQ on the same day as the club field clean up - this might encourage more attendance if members can enjoy a burnt sausage or burger & catch up with other members after the hard work is done & the field is prepared for the winter. Maybe its already been tried & wasn't a success but i'm happy to help organise if the committee & members agree its worth a shot?

Also, not sure about other members but I struggle sometimes to finish work, muck out, ride a horse, walk dogs, have dinner, etc... then make it (on time) to a mid-week event so maybe a Sat or Sun evening could be considered over the winter? I do appreciate that other (non-horsey) social activities or competitions might clash on weekends. What do members think??

Here's the big suggestion though - Olympia runs from 14th-20th December in London, a chance to see top class dressage & showjumping, plus excellent shopping. The transport & accommodation could be much more affordable with a Group discount & I'm not sure if ticket entry is reduced for large groups or not, but could be checked out. Anyone interested???
Bloggso

Postby jillian » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 am

Would be interested in trip to Olympia...J
jillian

Return to Chit Chat